Once your IFC is imported into MainManager, we'll create the assets and locations giving you a 3D view of your facility. This is where the power of BIM comes to the fore. The 3D images are great, we all like to 'fly' around the building and look at things but, the quality of data provided by the BIM model is unequaled in traditional FM terms. From the model we can now:
- Schedule planned work.
- Assign contractors and trades in advance so we can project labour requirements.
- Create checklists allowing us to meet best practice by utilising standards such as SFG20, NRM etc.
- Attach documents, plans or drawings to works and attach the records to objects in the model.
- Create reactive tasks against objects in the model well in advance of the operate and maintain phase. Imagine carrying out visual clash detection, creating issues and work orders during construction and making snagging a part of the solution rather than a problem at the end of a project.
- View the asset records from the objects in the model including documents, drawings, O&M manuals and work history records. In fact, you can now access any information you need directly from the 3D representation.
- Link to BMS, Finance and other applications.